"Dear partners and students,
We are honored to present to you our first Winter School! The aims of the Winter School 2019 are to introduce participants into the field of Neglected Tropical Diseases and enhance their abilities to:
- Understand host-pathogen interactions and the social and environmental determinants related to NTD;
- Recognize clinical features of these diseases;
- Understand interventions that are recommended for their management;
- Propose prevention and control strategies.
Thereby, the Summer School 2019 is offered by the International Relations Commission in order to disseminate medical knowledge about Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) and promote the internationalization of the Medical School of Ribeirão Preto.
In addition to the educational program, students will visit our University Medical Center (Hospital das Clínicas), composed of a tertiary hospital, secondary healthcare facilities, and primary healthcare units. The Winter School will provide you with a uniqueopportunity to meet Brazilian students and new people from all over the world. You also will experience a bit of the Brazilian and "Paulista" cultures in Ribeirão Preto, as well as share your interests and knowledge in the medical areas.
Join this unique experience! The application deadline is May 5th, 2019. Please visit our Facebook page or our website for updates throughout the upcoming months. Feel free to contact us if you need any further information (firstname.lastname@example.org)."
International Office Team
Ribeirão Preto Medical School
- Period: From 1 to 14 July, 2019
- Who can Apply: International Medical Students and Brasilians students.
- Schedule: Mondays to Fridays, mornings and afternoons (8 am to 6 pm)
- Location: Riberião Preto Medical School - University of São Paulo (FMRP)
- Fee: The courses will be free of charge for the 28 selected students (14 Brazilians + 14 foreigners).FMUSP will provide free accommodation in a student housing (two students per room) and lunch discount.
- Course Language: English
- Number of Participants: 28 students
- Certificate: A certificate of participation will be provided to students that have met minimal grades and attendance criteria.